Home / Blog
Scrolling through your social media feeds, you’re bound to run into a few inspirational quotes. You read them, share them and move onto the next piece of media, probably a cat jumping away from a cucumber. The question I ask you is this, have you actually thought about the quotes you read? In this blog post, we’ll go through some of my favorites from some extremely inspirational people in the hopes of inspiring and encouraging our readers to take up the entrepreneurial challenge.
Starting with a personal hero of mine, Elon Musk. Musk started various businesses that are literally changing our world. Starting with electric car manufacturer, Tesla & SpaceX, a company that is hell bent on sending humans to colonize Mars. Musk is known for plenty of inspirational quotes, but when he said “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor” he basically described what he went through when he created both Tesla and SpaceX. With Tesla, he was going against the entire gasoline powered Automobile industry. With SpaceX he wanted to find the most efficient way to travel to our neighboring planet. In both cases, against all odds, he is succeeding. Get the hint?
Next on the list is Tim Ferriss, author of various books including The 4-Hour Body and The 4-Hour Workweek, a little book that got No. 1 on the best seller lists of the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and Business Week, selling over 1,350,000 copies and spent nearly 4 years on the New York Times bestseller list. Both books are incredibly insightful so make sure to add them to your reading list. Tim said the following quote, “The question you should be asking isn’t, “What do I want?” or “What are my goals?” but “What would excite me?” and that question is one that every entrepreneur should be asking themselves. Excitement breeds passion, which will lead to success no matter how many times failure shows its ugly face.
Gary Vaynerchuk comes next with a piece of advice in his quote, “You are not patient enough. Your lack of patience is killing you and your need of things is killing you”. Forget buying that new pair of Louboutins and ignore the new iPhone that comes out next week. Find out what your passion is go for it, no matter what the risks are. Vaynerchuk is an angel investor or advisor to Uber, Birchbox, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, among others so the guy knows a thing or two, and I’d listen to what he has to say.
Concluding our list is Richard Branson, (if you don’t know who he is then you need to Google him right now) with a quote that highlights the importance of handling your customers, even the nasty ones, with care. “A complaint is a chance to turn a customer into a lifelong friend”, that quote has never let me down ever since I started using it while serving coffee and selling t-shirts in my university years.
In the end, this matter falls on your shoulders entirely. If you have the drive and passion and the aspiration to do something great, then you’ve got 80% of what makes an entrepreneur. The other 20% is made up from the knowledge and experience you will gain on the way.
Until next time,